Course Module Outline
Module 1: Scope
- The var Keyword
- Scope in Nested Functions
- The let Keyword
Module 2: Advanced Objects
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Composing Prototypes
- ES2015 Classes
- Static Methods
Module 3: Advanced Functions
- Function Declarations
- Function Expressions
- Default Values
- Flexible Arguments
- Immediately-Invoked Function Expressions (IIFEs)
Module 4: Advanced Arrays
- Arrays Methods
- Iterators and Arrow Functions
- Static Array Methods
- Array Prototype Methods
Module 5: XHR
- The XMLHttpRequest Object
- Using the XMLHttpRequest Object
- The Callback Function
- CORS/JSONP: Accessing Remote Sites
Module 6 : JSON
- Review of Object Literals
- Back to JSON
Module 7: Errors and Exceptions
- Runtime Errors
- Nested Try/Catch
Module 8: Regular Expressions
- Getting Started
- Regular Expression Syntax
- Form Validation with Regular Expressions
- Cleaning Up Form Entries
Career benefit of this course
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
The strength in your qualification
For Career Guidance or not sure what to study complete the form below and Pine Valley Institute professional career adviser will call you back within an hour